Monday, July 21, 2008

Smokin a Fatty!!

Well thats what they call them.

1LB Ground Chuck
1LB Hot Jimmy Dean Sausage
onion
musrooms
garlic powder
ground pepper
paprika
cayenne
shredded sharp chedder cheese


Started out by chopping the onions and mushrooms and then sautee them with EVOO. Set these aside. Next mix up the ground chuck and sausage. Flatten the meat out, I did this on some plastic wrap. Next I sprinkled on the garlic powder,ground pepper, paprika, and cayenne. I then placed the mushrooms,onions and cheese in the middle of the meat.

Next I rolled this up. I used the plastic wrap to assist in this process. I finished it off by wrapping it with bacon.





Placed this into the smoker at 220. I used some mesquite for this. I let it smoke for 3 hours or until the IT hit 160. I also put in some ABT's in a little later so they werent done yet so I took the fatty out and wrapped it in foil until the ABT's were done. The ABT's were a little different this time. I halved the jalapenos and keep the halves together. I then placed the cream cheese mixture with cut up sausage links in one half and then topped it with the matching half wrapped in bacon put it in the smoker.
Here is the fatty cut in half.

Heres dinner. What a plate!!

3 comments:

Ron S. Doyle said...

I hope you made enough to have leftovers when I get there... Lisa and I are in the car right now...

Jetjohnson said...

You're making me so hungry! That looks delicious. Nice presentation, too.

Stanley Crocker R.D.,L.D. said...

You're cheatin' Andy. Bacon just can't be messed up!

Seriously, good on ya for jumping into cooking like you have. It's one more chapter in your autobiography, which should be the biggest book on the shelf.