Sunday, July 20, 2008

First Smoke

7-2-08


My wonderful girlfriend surprised me with a Bradley Digital Smoker for my Birthday. Is she a keeper? I think so.I think she is now regretting getting me the smoker..:) I cant stop talking about it.



I decided for the first smoke to create some ABT's (Atomic Buffalo Turds) Not sure where the name came from. Basically you can take a jalapeno and put whatever you want in it and its good.My First Try:


10 Jalapenos (Halved lengthwise)

10 strips of bacon

1 pkg cream cheese (soften)

1/2 bag of shredded cheese blend 4-cheese

breakfast sausage links

garlic powder

onion powder

honey


Halve jalapenos lengthwise. If you dont want the kick clean out the jalapenos(seeds and rib)Mix up the cream cheese,cheese,garlic,onion,honeyTake mixture and place into half of jalapenosTake a breakfast link and put into the jalapenosTake a piece of bacon and wrap around jalapeno and secure with toothpickContinue until all are used



I started by preheating the BDS at around 300. Once preheated I placed1 hour worth of Apple into the smoker and let it go. Checked on the ABT's after 1 hour and left them on for another 15 minutes.I am going to take these to the girlfriends parents for the 4th. Not sure how they will stand up to a reheat. I tried one after it cooled down. Not too bad. Maybe less garlic next time. May try more smoke and a little lower heat.


Next up on Sunday..Pulled Pork

No comments: